Asian College of Journalism Entrance Examination (ACJ Entrance Exam)
About ACJ Entrance Exam 2020
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 is an annual entrance examination, which is conducted by the Asian College of Journalism in computer-based mode on May 17. The admit card of the ACJ entrance exam will be available from May 12 to May 15. The examination offers admissions to eligible candidates into the two postgraduate diploma programmes. To participate in the examination, the candidates have to fill the application form of the ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 and submit it before May 11. All candidates who have graduated or will be graduating in 2020 can apply for ACJ 2020 Entrance Exam. Based on the performance in the entrance exam, a list of shortlisted candidates will be released for the interview process. Allotment will be done according to the candidate’s score in the examination and interview.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Asian College of Journalism Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||ACJ Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Asian College of Journalism|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
30 May, 2020 - 03 Jun, 2020
Selection Procedure | Mode: Online Ongoing
04 Jun, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
23 May, 2020
Interview - Start Date | Mode: Online
17 May, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
12 May, 2020 - 15 May, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
29 Feb, 2020 - 11 May, 2020
Application | Mode: Offline and Online
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of ACJ 2020 consists of the conditions and requirements that the candidates need to meet to participate in the entrance examination. The application form of the ineligible candidates will be rejected therefore it is advised that the candidates check the ACJ 2020 eligibility criteria before applying.
- The candidates should have graduated in any discipline.
- Those who are in their final year of graduation will also be able to apply for ACJ Entrance Exam 2020.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft
Candidates can fill the application form of ACJ 2020 in both online and offline mode i.e., they can fill and submit the application form online or download, fill and submit it through the post.
Steps to fill Online Application Form
- Login – The candidates will have to log in under the “Admissions” tab.
- Filling of details – The required information will have to be filled by the candidates.
- Uploading of documents – Candidates have to upload a scanned image of their photograph as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
- Payment of application fee – The payment of application fee can be done in online (net banking/debit card/credit card) and offline mode (demand draft in favor of "Media Development Foundation", payable at Chennai). Behind the demand draft, the candidate’s full name, reference number, email address and mobile number should be present.
Steps to fill Offline Application Form
Firstly, the candidates have to download and print out the application form of the ACJ Entrance Exam 2020. After filling up the required information, the candidates have to paste their photograph at the provided space. Payment of fees has to be done through the demand draft. The filled application form along with the demand draft has to be mailed to the following address:
Asian College of Journalism
Second Main Road,
(Behind M.S Swaminathan Research Foundation)
Chennai - 600 113, India”
One Programme – Rs. 2360
Both Programmes – Rs. 3540
|General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2000|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ACJ 2020 gives details about the examination to the candidates to make them familiar with the pattern. By knowing the exam pattern, the candidates will be able to know various factors such as the type of questions asked, marking scheme, mode of examination and more. The candidates have to qualify the examination to have a chance for admissions into the institute.
Exam Pattern of ACJ 2020
- Mode of examination – Online
- Purpose of exam – To test the analytical thinking and problem-solving skills of the candidates
- Sections – In the first part, the candidates will be examined on their English language skills while in the second part, the general and current affairs knowledge of the candidates will be tested.
- Duration of exam – English Language (2 Hours) General Knowledge (90 Minutes)
- Marks for English Language section – 100 Marks
- Marks for General Knowledge section – Current Affairs (60 – 65 Marks) Writing Ability, Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills (35 - 40)
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
Registered candidates can have access to their admit card of ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 in online mode on April 12. It is important for the candidates to carry the admit card to the examination centre. Without the admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the entrance examination. Along with the ACJ 2020 admit card, the candidates will also have to carry along their Aadhaar card or Driving license.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- ACJ 2020 Admit Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The result of ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 will be announced on June 4 in online mode. The list of candidates selected for the interview process will be released separately for the two postgraduate diploma programmes. Details such as the name of the candidates, the area of specialization and the schedule of the interview will be available in the result.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 Selection Process
The shortlisted candidates of the ACJ Entrance Exam 2020 will be called in for an interview between May 30 and June 3, 2020. Assessment of the candidates on the basis of their skills and aptitude for the programme will be done by the authorities concerned. The requisite documents also have to be carried out by the candidates. The list of candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam and interview will be released. To confirm the admission, the candidates will have to pay the required tuition fees.