With demand in Media and Journalism, a lot of institutes have come up with various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the field. Admission to these programmes across institutes is through an entrance exam, which differ from institute to institute and mostly consists of language, aptitude, and general knowledge. Careers360 lists top media entrance exams with their exam pattern and a few preparation tips to support the test aspirants.
Majority of the institutions, offering media and journalism programmes, are either government-run, industry-driven or private institutions. All these institutes conduct their own university level entrance tests and shortlist candidates based on their performance in the test. Although, there is not much difference in the preparation strategy or the exam pattern, but it is best to learn the tips to be better prepared. Before moving ahead with the preparation tips, let us first check some of the top media and journalism entrance exams and their exam pattern.
Top Media Exams and Pattern
May 28, 2017
Journalism Hindi/English (9 am to 11 am),
Radio & TV Journalism (12 noon to 2 pm) and
Advertising & Public Relations (3 pm to 5 pm)
Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
May 14 ( 9.30 am to 11.30 and 12 pm to 1.30 pm)
From April 23, 2017 (Sunday) till May 15, 2017 (Monday), across different centres
June 2, 2017
Saturday, April 29 from 3 pm to 5:30 pm
March 26, 2017
1. Focus on General Knowledge or Current Affairs: Vinayak Kudva, an expert from a coaching institute, regarding GK says, “General Awareness is a very vast area, so one must follow top stories. Candidates should start enhancing their general awareness full-time by reading newspapers and magazines.” Apparently, the entire media entrance test consists of this section, so it goes without a say that this is the section to focus on.
2. Practice for Subjective or Essay writing: Some of the tests, listed above, have both objective and subjective parts. Subjective section mostly consists of writing an essay. Candidates need to develop good writing skills to crack this part of the test, as they will be evaluated on their language skills, thought process etc. Having a fair knowledge of the contemporary topics will give candidates an edge. So reading newspapers, especially the editorial columns, is highly advised.
3. Reasoning or Analytical skills: Practice is the one and only way to crack this section. Basic reasoning and analytical skills are tested in this section. Candidates are suggested to solve approximately 20 reasoning questions every day to learn the concepts and tricks.
4. English Comprehension: This section mostly consists of basic grammar, reading passages, fill in the blanks, correction of phrases, etc. It is suggested to update them on basic grammar to crack the English section in the entrance tests.
5. Focus on exclusive areas like Media Aptitude: Apart from the common sections, there might be an exclusive section like Media aptitude for which candidates must prepare separately. This section tests candidate’s aptitude and understanding towards media. Candidates can refer to online material to prepare for this section.
Once the entrance exam have been conducted by the institutes, results are declared and the final selection process starts. The final selection is done on the combined performance in the written as well as interviews.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.
For more information on Media and Journalism, visit www.media.careers360.com
College Comparison based on Courses, Placement, Rank, FeeCompare Now
Questions related to Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Jamia Millia offers only B.A.(Hons.) Mass Media Hindi. You can check the complete programme of Jamia University with the given below link.https://w...
JMI Entrance exam application form is tentatively expected to release in 1st Week December 2018.Final date for submission shallbe in 2nd week March...
Hello Basharat,According to my research, JMI(Jamia Millia Islamia) is a pretty good college for doing your B. Tech.Placements records are quite sat...
hello i am pursuing my last year in ba political science and want to know about when did this exam conduct becoz i am preparing for ma 2019
Dear Vishal, The JMI mass communication entrance exam will be conducted sometime in last week of April 2019. While the entrance test for PG pr...
Yes as you know this is well known institute. I suggest you to go for it. All you have to do is that prepare for the entrance as you know the...